Tier Two Deliverables
Task 1 - Develop an LCI Team
Notes on Task 1 Deliverables: This effort will kick off December 5 with a meeting of existing LCIs and Traffic Skills graduates who are interested in becoming an LCI. A second Traffic Skill class wasscheduled for January 27 - 28 to accommodate additional cyclists with an interest in becoming an LCI. ( Registration )
January Traffic Skills Class ....
LCI Seminar ...
LCI Bootcamp (Prep for Bike Month)
LCIs Lead Project Bike Smart ...
LCIs lead THRIVE rides ....
For videos or additional LCI-led THRIVE rides, go to www.50corridor.com/videos
TMA will post a schedule of clinics and rides on its web site. DONE - www.50corridor.com (click on "more stories" for previously published pages.)
Power Point presentations will be made available to SACOG, other TMAs and LCIs (Power Points available via email - can't be uploaded)
Maintain a list of 20 LCIs who will lead a minimum of 10 clinics, rides and other bicycle activities.
Current list of LCIs (as of June 20)
- Chris Aguirre - 5 PBS, 5 misc
- Paula Clement - 4 PBS, 4 rides, 2 misc
- Elyse Chadwick - 5 SRS, 5 misc
- Steven Pas - 3 PBS
- Tony Powers - 1 ride lead, 2 sweeps, 1 course monitor, 6 misc.
- Anthony Retodo - 3 ride leads, 1 course monitor, 3 clinic leads, 3 misc.
- Sue Schooley, 3 PBS, 1 rodeo, 2 misc
- Gina Silvernale - 5 PBS,2 ride leads, 2 sweeps, 5 misc., 2 pop ups
- Elle Steele - 30 PBS, 1 ride lead, 1 course monitor, 5 misc.
- Doug Williams - 6 PBS, 2 clinics, 1 rodeo, 4 misc.
- Ken Walker - 6 PBS, 1 ride lead, 3 clinics, 3 misc.
- Debbie Brubaker - 1 ride lead, 1 LCI clinic, 4 misc.
- Neil Thompson - 3 PBS, 2 mechanics
- Victoria Summers - 2 TS101, 4 PBS, 2 sweeps, 1 rodeo, 1 Pop Up, 1 course monitor
- Rob Kubick, 6 PBS, 2 ride leads, 1 Pop Up, 1 course monitor, 1 rodeo
- Sue Fry, 2 ride leads, 4 PBS, 1 Pop Up, 3 clinics, 1 course monitor
- Paula Farmer - 4 ride leads, 4 PBS, 1 course monitor, 2 misc
- Zach Bosch - 3 clinics, 3 ride leads, 5 PBS, 1 course monitor, 1 mechanic, 4 misc.
- Marian Koon - 2 clinics, 2 ride sweeps, 4 PBS, 4 Pop Ups, 1 rodeo, 3 misc.
- Jim Antone - 1 PBS
- Julie Williams - 2 ride sweeps, 1 Pop Up, 2 misc
- Tim Gross - 3 mechanics, 2 clinics, 1 Pop Up, 4 misc.
- David Amlin - 4 ride sweeps, 1 Pop Up, 1 course monitor, 2 misc.
- Bob Gong - 5 Pop Ups, 3 PBS, 1 clinic, 3 misc
- James Moher -2 ride sweeps, 1 Pop Up, 4 Misc.
- Dustin Ortega - 3 mechanics, 3 ride sweeps, 5 Misc.
- Jeff Sawyer - 3 mechanics, 2 TS 101, 4 PBS, 6 Misc.
- Eileen Crawford
- Sharon Hansen
- Charlie Heieck
- Ted Lenzie
- Joan O'Connor
- Cam McLeod
- John Bowker
- Chris Walden
Total number of clinics, rides and other activities reported to SACOG (see above)
LCI Bootcamp #2 (Transit Training & Bicycle Friendly Driver Prep)
Bicycle Friendly Driver Power Point available via email (still under development)
Task 2 - Continue to develop Bicycle Friendly Business Districts
Photos of Pop Up Bike Shop - Cap Village
Synopsis of demographics, sales, events, other activities of Pop Up
The Pop Up consisted on a four day Bike Month Pop Up. Approximately 120 people visited the pop up for free bike tune ups, bike month t-shirts and swag, and a bike maintenance clinic.
Activities at the Pedal Stop
Pedal Stop Clean Up (video album)
Pedal Stop Open House - September 27 (See photos at right)
Free valet Parking - Saturdays and Sundays - October 22 - November 20, each Saturday in April and May
Pedal Stop Rides - April
T-shirt give aways, bike tune ups, - April 7 - 9
First Fridays - April, May, June.
Hosted Folsom Area Bicycle Advocates "Revival" Meeting
Photos of Pedal Stop Activities
Number of Bikes parked each Week / Overall Report
Sat. Oct 22
6 bikes checked
$8. in tips collected
Sun. Oct 23
4 bikes checked
$0. tips collected
2 walk-ins want to volunteer.
Lots of walk-ins asked the following; " When did you open?" " I've been walking by here for years, and had no idea this existed!" "Do you rent bikes?", "Where do I buy Bike Link locally?", "Can I keep my bike here like the bike boxes (extended amount of time)?", "Had no idea this service existed.", "Is this a bike shop?"
Sat Oct 29
1 volunteer & Gina
5 bikes checked
$3 in tips collected and given to volunteers
Sun, Oct 30
1 volunteer & Gina
1 bike checked
$0 tips collected
Sat, Nov 5
2 volunteers & Gina
6 bikes checked
$2 tips collected and will share with Marian
Sun, Nov 6
0 volunteers - just Gina
13 bike checked
$2 tips collected
A busy Sunday.... Lots of visitors inquiring about the space, 4 T-shirts were collected by visitors and no signs of mice activity was detected.
2 Cycle Folsom ride teams visited the PedalStop. Hot spiced apple cider was offered to riders. It was a hit and riders were impressed with the space and what is offered with BikeLink. They hung out for 10-15 minutes. I promoted Spin & Spend and Folsom's desire to get to a gold standing. I will send images of Cycle Folsom members hanging out on the patio. Lots of visitors overall 10-15 folks stopped to understood the PedalStop, BikeLink and Spin & Spend. Brian Durling, General Manager of Mikes Bike stopped in to see the PedalStop. We spoke briefly about selling BikeLink cards at Mike's Bikes.
Sat, Nov 12
25 bikes checked
4 volunteers, Gina, Rebecca
$22 in tips collected and shared with volunteers
Sun, Nov 13
13 bikes checked
2 volunteers + Rebecca & SABA rep
$5 in tips collected and shared with volunteers
We were not able to collect information on the number of cyclists using transit and the Pedal Stop due to a 3-month period when light rail did not run to the Historic District.
Task 3 - Cyclists Spin and Spend campaign
Report on Number of participants: Approximately 400 participants